About the Q&A category

Do you have something that you need help with? A question? a piece of software? No matter how trivial or technical the question is, feel free to ask here.

Please be as detailed as possible with your first question. This prevents a back and forth as people ask for more details. The style of forums is to be long-form so please don’t be shy about providing details, videos, screenshots etc as this will also aid in the likelihood of getting a solution within the first few responses.

Please be patient, if you don’t get a reply it may be that no-one can help you or no-one has seen it yet. If you need urgent help you could try the telegram group but please be mindful that not everyone would be able to help you. We are all volunteers trying our best.

i’m running Pure OS on an Acer C720 Chromebook using the legacy boot.

Used as a chrome book this machine retains its battery charge very well when in sleep or shutdown.

Under Linux, however, the battery will quickly drain completely and leave me having to reinstall again and again.

Must be a linux setup issue?

Any Ideas?.. it’s kinda hard to progress when I can’t build a reliable and solid system!

Hmm, Linux is not native for that computer. So the performance would not be the best (but there would be other reasons to counter balance it).

You say you have to reinstall it? why? is the battery draining during the installation process? would you not be plugged in during this?

Nevertheless, in general for linux battery life I recommend TLP. Pure OS is based on Ubuntu? or was it Debian? I am sorry I have never run it.